Friday 20 November 2009

Stash

The postman has been rather busy, visiting our house 3 times today. Most of the stuff was Christmas presents, which I have since wrapped and hidden away ready for the big day, but in amongst the parcels was one for me. Thread Bear have been extremely quick and got the order I placed late on Wednesday afternoon to me already.


There is some more linen, three lots of backing fabric, along with some ribbons and braid which I expect to use over the weekend.

Anyone who is from the UK is surely, by now, aware of the flooding that has taken place in Cumbria. I have both friends and family who I was unable to contact earlier, so forgive me if the Christmas wrapping seems a little early, but it, like blogging, was keeping my mind distracted from worrying about them. I have now heard that my sister and her family are all safe and well, with the children quite pleased that they got to miss school today.

On a Christmas note if anyone, like me, makes their own Christmas pudding and cake be aware there is a shortage of currants, apparently the crop failed in California and so Sainsburys and Morrisons don't have (m)any in stock. It appears that Tesco gets theirs from Greece and so as Son has just bought some for me I can now get my puddings started tonight.

I love the smell of the house when the fruit is steeping.

6 comments:

Karan said...

Was shocked to see the extent of the flooding. Glad that your family is OK.
Very nice stash - succumbed to some of their fabrics last month. :0)

Brigitte said...

Very nice new stash.
Good to hear that your place is safe and that also your family is OK.

glamlawlib said...

My thoughts are with the people of Cumbria too, glad your family is ok. We were up in the Lake District earlier this year, lovely part of the world.

Lovely stash, I might just have to visit the Jane Asher website now too! ;)

BilboWaggins said...

Lovely stash additions Angela, sorry I haven't commented much recently, been feeling terribly bogged down and the flooding has just about done me in. Know I am hugely blessed because my home is safe and secure but the effects of this rain are going to be with us for a long time. hugs for now, Bilbo

BilboWaggins said...

PS: meant to say how glad I was to read of the upturn in your employment situation. It's not been a good year for many of us and I bet I am not the only one who will be glad to see the back of it.

DUSTY said...

nice stash -- love the colors