Friday 1 January 2021

Into 2021 We Go

Well 2020 wasn’t much to write home about was it? Let's hope 2021 is going to do a bit better.

I certainly have lots planned for 2021 - even if most of it is events I should have attended in 2020.

Liverpool on the To Return To in 2021 list

I have just started living with the Tier 4 restrictions, which is a tad annoying, as one of my goals for this year was to try and make sure I get out to do a walk at least once a week in the Peak District or similar that would appear on my website Peak Walker. Needless to say the 'Stay at Home' part of the Tier 4 restrictions means that is out. I may live in Derbyshire but I personally don't consider the 30 minute plus drive I would need to do to get to the start of a walk as staying at home - others may say it is fine, it is up to them to live with themselves if that is what they are happy to do. With a daughter-in-law who has being treating Covid patients since this pandemic began I don’t wish to add to her workload.

On the other hand it should give me the opportunity to catch up with publishing my website walks, as I am now nearly two years behind - not quite as bad as it may sound as that only puts me 13 walks behind. The birth of my grandson and becoming Chair of a camera club had a major impact on the amount of time I had to spend walking in 2019 and of course 2020's numerous Lockdowns didn't help either.

One of the walks soon to be added to my website

 

Despite all of that 2021 has started with a 5 mile walk, it is just around my local streets with lots of crossing of roads to ensure social distancing is maintained. In 2020 I managed to cover over 800 miles walking my local streets, it would be nice if this year that total was beaten but with one little alteration - most of the miles walked with my walking boots on rather than my trainers.

No comments: