Wednesday 31 December 2008

The Final Post for 2008

One of the books I got for Christmas that was missing from the picture in the earlier post was the book The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas as I was reading it at the time. After two nights of reading it before we turned the light out it got to the I have to finish this stage and so yesterday afternoon was spent reading the book to the end. Now I haven't seen the film, as we couldn't get tickets for it at our local cinema (which we like to support) and having read the book I'm glad I didn't as I'm sure I'd have needed a box or two of hankies.



The book looks like it is written with young adults in mind, but it is a fascinating read and is the first book in a long time that, at the end, had me holding my breath and really and truly not wanting to read on because I was dreading what I was going to read next. I'm not going to give the plot away but suffice to say I actually had to go back and read the last two chapters again because I was so caught up with hoping my expectations weren't going to come true that somehow the words skipped in front of my eyes without really being read, although I was taking in what was happening. If this doesn't make sense read the book and then I promise you it will.

4 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Just stopping by to wish you a wonderful new year!

Stitching Kath said...

wonderful book. i too havent dared to watch it at the cinema.

love kath
x

Chiloe said...

Happy new year full of wonderful stitching !!! :)

Chris said...

Hi Angela,

I bought that book and haven't read it but I shall now... my broken blog I fixed!! All the widgets at the side had slipped under all the posts!
And also I can't change my header pic, anyone any ideas?
Happy New Year!

Chris x