Tuesday 11 August 2015

I Have ORTs

It is many a year since I have been able to say that.

Over the last few years sewing had become increasingly difficult and about 18 months ago I found out why - I had a cataract, which by last week was covering all of one eye and as I now know making the world very dim and hence stopping me sewing.

Last Thursday the first and worst cataract was removed and I can now see to sew again. For the last two days I have reacquainted myself with my cross stitch and made a fair bit of progress on Celtic Autumn.

No pictures because one of the things I can't do for another 10 days is risk putting a camera up to my eye and knocking it.

I wonder if I have any followers left!!

6 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Hello! Welcome back!
Goodness me... I can't even imagine how annoying having a cataract would be... so pleased to hear that you have had it removed and can see again!
Can't wait to start seeing some of your stitching progress when you are up to taking photos :o)
Hugs xx

Brigitte said...

Hello Angela and a welcome back from me too.
So good that you discovered what was worsening your sight and that it can be treated. My mom had the same and after undergoing eye surgery her eyes were back to nearly normal. So good to know that ou can stitch again :)) I'm looking forward to seeing the first pictures of your stitching again.

Chris said...

Hey, welcome back to blog land.. how wonderful for you to be able to see clearly again.
Take care and blessings Chrisx

Hazel said...

Oh dear no wonder we haven't heard from you in a while. Get better soon. x

Una said...

I just came across your blog. I had a cataract removed last week and the second one comes out next week. Modern eye ops are amazing. What a difference they can make to people's lives.

Fiona said...

Welcone back :)