Monday 5 February 2018

Ready to Travel

Best plans and all that......

Original plan - start posting regularly on Thursdays as that's the evening the other half goes out, except of course then he didn't go out and then I was ill, so no posts. Hey ho that's life.

On the other hand I actually have a finish and a new start.

I have finished stitching Love is Best and so after a prolonged residence in my house this particular Travelling Stitching Pattern is ready to move on. Please if you read these post advertise the fact it is ready to move on or even  tell me that you would like to have it next. If you are interested in having the pattern next then please post a comment at the bottom of this post making sure I have a way to contact you. I will leave it open for a fortnight and hopefully send it on its way Monday 19th February 2018.

Edited- The draw has now taken place and the pattern will be travelling across the ocean to Lynda whose blog is titled A Cozy Little Place for Stitching do pop over there if you hope to be the next person to offer it a home after Lynda

Love is Best


This particular pattern came to me over two years ago when I was between cataract operations and the plan had been to stitch it up after the second operation, however after that op I had to wait to get new glasses to be able to see to stitch and by the time that was done I had started my HNC in Photography. That was a two year course that saw me travelling 130 miles twice a week to attend two evening classes and with all the course work I had no time for stitching at all, which is why it has stayed here for far too long.

Although I have finished the stitching I still haven't decided on a finish I considering turning it into a cube and have been looking at the wonderful Twisted Stitcher's blog and YouTube posts for inspiration. Finishing it will also mean buying stuff so I want to be sure what I'm doing before I head down that route.

This week I also kitted up a new project, it is a big project and it is time sensitive. As I can't be sure who sees my blog I'm not going to say too much about it other than for now to refer to it as the Secret Project. Please if over time you start to recognise what the Secret Project is don't say until the reveal as it is intended as a gift for a special occasion.

The Secret Project - Week 1

I ended up starting the Secret Project twice as on the second day I picked it up only to find out I had gone wrong (again) and would have to unpick most of the stitches I had done the day before. I'd made the mistake of buying linen that wasn't very even and I hated handling it and so I made the decision to but some new material. In the process I discovered a great new stitching shop in Darley Dale that I have driven past hundreds of times and never been in, if you are nearby it is well worth a visit. Actually I say a stitching shop, it is actually two shops, and I only visited one shop and that was the one meant for people who quilt and not the embroidery shop, which is few yards down the road, so who knows what wonders there are in there to lighten my bank balance.


4 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely finish on your Travelling Piece. It will be intetesting to see how you finish it. Thete's always something to catch your eye, either online or in shops, I've come hone with three spools of ribbin I didn't know I needed.

lynda said...

I’d love a chance to stitch this cutie! Thanks!

§ tiff § said...

I love this idea!!! Would be wonderful to stitch and pass along like you did...thanks for the chance 😊

bonnie said...

such a great idea and pattern, I would also like to stitch and pass this along, thanks for the opportunity, bonnie