Tuesday 27 January 2009

All That Glitters

As appears to be coming my usual habit I spent much of Sunday and Monday working on Celtic Autumn. I didn't really plan it but on both days I ended up just using the Treasure Braid on the swirls on her dress.


By last night I was absolutely sick of working with it but I have to admit that most of that part of her dress is now finished. I've also realised that it is probably easier to follow the pattern on this part of the piece if you do the gold swirls first. I shall try this when I do the back part of her dress.


A quick calculation last night of how much I have sewn revealed that I have now done just over 30% of her. It sounded a lot until I spread the whole piece of linen out today and realised how much of it is still empty.

3 comments:

Sally said...

She is looking so pretty Angela.

Brigitte said...

You have to put a lot of time into these Celtic ladies, but it's worth it - they all look so gorgeous. Great progress picture!

Karan said...

Great progress Angela. :0)