Saturday 24 January 2009

A First

For the last few days I have been working on the Jayne's Attic Monthly Challenge, which was to do one of the freebies from the Papillion Creations and to finish it as anything. I opted to do The Duke's Maxim and finished it as a pinkeep. As Karen has already posted the pictures on the forum here's mine, not only finished but also finished on time.


The Duke's Maxim
28 count Millennium Blue Cashel Linen
DMC threads

I finished the stitching last night whist listening to Jonathan Ross. As I'm sure you can imagine, I was holding my breath when it came to putting the last few back-stitches in. If I'd gone wrong, the border wouldn't have matched up, which it does. Even better I finished it in time to not only listen to but also to watch the telly whilst he was interviewing Tom Cruise, whom I have to admit I consider rather good-looking. If I was still at the university I'm sure a poster of him would be on my wall. Anyway I digress, so back to the stitching!

This is my first ever attempt at a pinkeep and whilst it's not perfect I have to say I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. I've also learnt a lot so hopefully the next one will be even better.

6 comments:

Brigitte said...

You can be very pleased with your first pinkeep. It's perfectly stitched and finished. Congratulations.

Von said...

Hi Angela, I'm having a bit of fun clicking on new-to-me blogs and found myself visiting with you this morning. :) Congrats on finishing your first pinkeep! My confidence level is not high when it comes to finishing a project, so I know how pleased you must be to have this one come out so nicely. :D

drea_dear said...

Angela, beautiful finishing. Congratulations on matching up the border - I know that terror! And way to make your goal, that's great!

mainely stitching said...

It's lovely - hard to believe it's your first!

Karan said...

WTG - beautifully stitched & finished. Congratulations on your first! :0) I really like the sentiment on this piece too - it's on my To Do pile.

Sally said...

Your first pinkeep looks lovely Angela. Beautifully stitched and finished.