Monday saw me making quite a bit of progress on Love Songs. I did some of the back stitch on the piano and as always I always find it so satisfying as all of a sudden the stitching comes to live and seems to have another dimension to it.
I have also started doing some of the ivory keys but, as usual, they don't show up very well in the photograph.
On Tuesday I started the Jayne's Attic Monthly Challenge. I have decided to do it on linen which is a first for me. I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to see the threads well enough to work out where my needle should go but I quickly picked it up. By the end of the day I had got both borders done and they matched up which meant I hadn't made any mistakes. No photos of this piece as it shouldn't be revealed until August 30th.
Elsewhere I have managed to get two more walks onto my website which only leaves me three behind. I'm catching up, all be it slowly.
Fitness-wise I have reached the can I really be bothered stage. The novelty of being good has worn off and as I'm still terribly unfit and it's hard work it would be very easy to stay in bed. Yesterday I had to drag myself to the gym in the afternoon having stayed in bed when Husband went swimming. I had intended to go down to the gym when he went swimming before work but told myself my shoulders were too sore from the swim the day before. This morning I did drag myself down to the pool, but again it would have been very easy to have just stayed in bed. At least today I knew that I get tomorrow off, I do 5 days of exercise than one day off. On the positive side I know that I am getting fitter and although it might be my imagination the waist band on my skirt does seem a little looser.