Saturday 9 August 2008

One Target Met

Today I met the first of the targets I set myself for the month. It was the target I expected to possibly not meet or at least not until the end of the month, which it makes it all the more surprising. This morning I swam 60 lengths and more significantly, for me, the first twenty of those were all front crawl. My ultimate aim is to get my swim back up to 100 lengths and that starts with 40 lengths front crawl so it feels like I'm well over half-way there.

Later I had a trip to the Wye Needlecraft show, I was a little disappointed with how few stalls/exhibitions there were, but by going to the shop in Bakewell I did manage to get the threads and material I was after for my Christmas Cards and Celtic Lady

There has been a bit of progress on Love Songs but the Olympics has started and as the gymnastics and swimming are both in the first week they are getting my full attention. My usual habit is to sew whilst the cricket is on in the background. If anything important happens I can always look up from my sewing and watch the replay, but these are my sports so the sewing will just have to wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done on your swim goal.

I was going to go to the Bakewell show tomorrow. Not sure if I'll bother now though ...